Open, 23º at 7am. The forecast high 32º. Partly cloudy.
All trails open and the skiing is fantastic!!!
- Don’t overdress. Fewer, thinner, layers.
- Bring your Maxiglide or buy some here. Put it on once you get here. (Experience speaking.)
- Ski at your ability level. Skiing on harder trails, with the plan to walk down the hills is a really bad plan. It wrecks the tracks Ian worked so hard to make and makes the skiing for everyone behind you, all day, awkward and more difficult. SO, do not walk in the trail.
- When you ski with in your ability level the skiing is safer and more fun.
- Pay attention to the snow beside the trails. The animals will be moving and you should be able to see some good animal tracks. There was a mink slide spotted on the Blue Jay at the “Junction” a week ago, watch for it.
I am trying to get more pictures of people skiing, so you can see how much fun everyone is having on their skis. But this is the reason I love skiing.