From Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac:
There are two spiritual dangers in not keeping a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.
The summer moves along. Sky lanterns, bats, bumble bees. Black flies, mosquitoes, deer flies and horse flies. Lettuce, Swiss chard, peas, green beans and zucchini. We have seen a few deer and a couple moose. There are fields to mow and grass to cut. Wood to split and wood to stack. If you aren’t stacking the wood here, you are stacking it there. But, don’t forget to stop and smell the roses, or put up a sky lantern. To go for a bike ride or to look at the stars. Because before you know it, there will be snow and we will be skiing!
- July 13th, Saturday, 8:30-9:30am, slow flow
- July 15th, Monday, 9-10:15am, slow flow
- July 15th. Monday, 5:30-6:45pm, slow flow
- July 16th, Tuesday, 7:30-8:30am sore and stiff
- July 17th, Wednesday 9-10:15am, slow flow
- July 19th, Friday, 7:30-8:30am, sore and stiff
- July 19th, Friday. 9-10:15am, slow flow
- July 20th, Saturday, 8:30-9:30am, slow flow