Today Chuck and I fixed a flooded culvert on the Chickadee and then drove up the road to turn around. Driving over Jones Brook I noticed a tree full of icicles. It had formed from high water to low water, and dropping temperatures. I asked Chuck to stop so I could get a photo. Hoped out of the truck with one mitten. Figured out I would need both mittens to get back up the hill out of the brook. Right about then is when I should have realized this was a questionable idea.
Up over the snow bank, and down into the brook. Top of the thigh deep snow. Sliding on my bottom to get down the hill. Sat and took the photos. Above, pretty cool, right. After sitting in the snow, I was stuck. It was a struggle to get up. And then the climbing back up started. I was laughing, Chuck was worried. He couldn’t really help me and imagined himself having to call the rescue department to pull me up the hill. I struggled and crawled. I sunk in, my boots were full of snow. I finally got myself close enough to the top of the bank Chuck could hand me down a shovel and pull me part way up. I made it!! And I decided when I can’t just jump over the bank and know I can get myself back out I am will be in a different stage of my life. So for as long as I can I am going over the bank with little thought to how I am getting back out.
- January 26th, Saturday, 8:30-9:30am, slow flow
- January 28th, Monday, 9-10:00am, slow flow
- January 28th, Monday, 5:30-6:45pm, slow flow
- January 29th, Tuesday, 7:30-8:30am, sore and stiff
- January 30th, Wednesday, 7:30-8:30am, sore and stiff
- January 30th, Wednesday, 9-10:15am, slow flow
- February 1st, Friday, 7:30-8:30am, sore and stiff
- February 1st , Friday, 9-10:15am, slow flow
- February 2nd Saturday, 8:30-9:30am, slow flow
- February 4th, Monday 9-10:15am, slow flow