The sap has run and the sugaring has begun. We boiled Friday, the 22nd, it was an all day affair. Gathering sap in the morning and Ian and Chuck boiling the rest of the day. It is amazing to walk into the sugar house and get the smell, the warm maple syrup wafting through the air. We actually made 3 gallons of syrup. Light Amber, not quite light enough to be fancy, but maybe light enough to make some maple cream.
Sugaring, making maple syrup, is a practice all by itself. Lots of work and attention to detail. Lots of sitting around waiting for everything to be just right. And then a lot of pay attention, don’t burn the pans, turn off the blower, put in the wood, turn on the blower, put in the defoamer, check the levels of sap in the pans and do it all again.
We all have many practices in our lives. When and where do we pay attention?
Your yoga practice is a great way to practice paying attention.
- March 23rd, Saturday, 8:30-9:30am, slow flow
- March 25th, Monday, 9-10:15am, slow flow
- March 25th, Monday, 5:30-6:45pm,slow flow
- March 26th, Tuesday, 7:30-8:30am, sore and stiff
- March 27th, Wednesday, 9-10:15am, slow flow
- March 29th, Friday, 7:30-8:30am, sore and stiff
- March 29th, Friday, 9-10:15am, slow flow
- March 30th, Saturday, 8:30-9:30am, slow flow